Sunday, May 3, 2009

UPDATE ON JEANNE'S VERY BUSY BEHALF

Jeanne sent me this update, along with Jimmy's current email address - I don't think she's had time to check out the blog yet, so I offered to put this up for her.

"as long as we're mailing--quick updates--I am writing a grant (going crazy--I would like to retire but I can't) & going to Chicago (Sorry but I can't take you--I seem to have my head full of 60+ years of song lines) for a conference, Fred is winding up the semester, the Patellas are frantically busy & Sam is going to have back surgery on May 21 (which means they can't come to LA in June unfortunately--he'll be down for quite a while) but they are happy about the surgery--he is in a lot of pain & can hardly walk--Sophie just won several awards for jazz keyboard solos at a big music festival & has her spring recital on Monday, Nanci is doing well working for a mortgage company (she moved her real estate license down here & is doing that too--but it is too slow) doing loan modifications and re-fi (unfortunately she has to move soon & is frantically searching for a place), Jimmy & Martha are going to Spain & Roxie has made me love dogs (well--maybe just Roxie). Hope all is well there--I really look forward to seeing everyone in LA."

WOW! I guess it HAS been awhile, Jeanne. Who is Roxie the dog? Yours? Sophie's??

We wish Sam a successful surgery and fast recovery - we'll send positive thoughts and vibes your way, Sam.

Congratulations Sophie!!! I want an audio recording. In fact, maybe you can put one up on the blog. That would be WAY COOL!

Good luck finding a place to move Nanci. Nothing like a little pressure, huh? And Jimmy and Martha, I am soooo jealous. But you may want to wait till that swine flu thing moves out of Spain. The paper said today that Spain has the most cases (40) of all the European countries. At least it seems to be mostly in the "just spreading" phase now, as opposed to the "killing people" phase.

And Jeanne, I really don't get how having your head full of 60+ years of song lines keeps you from taking me to Chicago with you. )-:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.