So, wh
The day before the event, we put Emily on a "plane to Spain," which I understand is the happening place this summer. Jim and Martha just returned from there, yes? And Jan's daughter Brette, who just graduated from UC Berkeley, was also
Anyway, Em will be doing a 5-week internship at an NGO there that specializes in immigration. She hopes to improve her Spanish, and since her co-workers don't speak much English, there's a good chance that she's be able to do that.
Loren will be flying over to meet her on July 10th, and they'll spend about three weeks visiting several countries in Europe. It will be his first trip out of the country. He's got one more class to complete before earning his degree in history. He's working as an assistant manager at an Italian restaurant here, and really enjoys it. So he plans to keep working there for now, and feels grateful to have a job in this economy.
Congrats! to Brandon and Courtney. Sorry we can't make the party.
Jim - Re: the Beatles vs Stones -- that's like apples and oranges to me. I like them both for different reasons. I must say, though, being a lover of soft rock, I don't like everything the Stones did. Occasionally The Beatles even get a little too hard rock for me. :( My latest find -- I'm a little slow -- is Jason Mraz. I really enjoy his music. And for those of you who have never heard Todd Snider, check out his YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J-ldJ9Iy9g
So what's everyone else up to?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.